[Denemo-devel] [bug #28047] Pasting Oddities

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #28047] Pasting Oddities
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 21:07:53 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

The paste command has some further problems that I discovered while trying to
write some scripts.  Namely, after pasting a note the CursorLeft command isn't
allowed to go left past it, until you go right into the next measure.  To see
this, do this:
from a blank score, enter a single c quarter note, and select it, copy and
then delete the note so you have a blank score and a single c on the
clipboard.
Enter 2 e quarter notes.
Now paste.
Try to go left with the CursorLeft key.  I can't.  I can CursorRight, and
once I go into the next bar (when there is another bar), things are ok again.

There's something else that's exceedingly bizarre and I can't quite figure
out what's going on.  Here's what I see though:
Let's say you just did the steps above, and you have 2 e's followed by a c,
all quarters.  Let's say that you leave the cursor on that c that just was
pasted in.  Now try to enter a G.  It appears at the beginning of the
measure!!  If, instead of trying to enter the G when you're on the C that was
just pasted, you cursor right and then try to enter the G, you end up with it
on the 2nd beat of the measure, rather than the 4th where it should be.
-Dan W.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?28047>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/