Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows audio driver

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows audio driver
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 20:48:48 +0000

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 15:51 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:

> Your are creating the whole shooting match everytime prefdialog is
> run.
> It is true there is no need, but don't bother to change it.

thinking about this, perhaps the cleanest solution is to create the
gtktreeview called "view" in device_manager.c only once, immediately the
prefs have been read in (in prefops.c). Don't let it be destroyed by the
prefdialog window closing (either you have to apply a g_object_ref to
it, or catch the destroy (delete?) signal I am not sure which). And of
course, just do nothing if view!=NULL, ie it has already been created
and it is being called again for refresh purposes - I don't think you
actually will need to ever call it again though.
That way the prefs data is always there in the model and can be accessed
and modified from the view. The cell_edited routines for editing the two
sorts of cells on the "edited" signal need to update the
Denemo.prefs.midi_device structure to match...