Re: [Denemo-devel] The 0.8.12 release

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The 0.8.12 release
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:10:12 +0000

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 23:56 +0100, Nils wrote:
> > Oh - above I have followed Nils' suggestion of not calling it fluidsynth
> > - I think that is right for anything user facing... (Other than in the
> > denemorc, there is just the prefs dialog headings? we don't otherwise
> > publish the name from a running denemo program, right?).
> > Richard
>
> If you start Denemo in Fluidsynth-Mode but choose Jack-Audio as Fluidsynth
> audio.driver it appears as "Fluidsynth" in QJackCtl, the Audio-Out that is.
> This should be just "Denemo".
I think this name "fluidsynth" is what fluidsynth has decided to call
its jack client - Denemo does not talk to jack in this case. I don't see
anything to tell fluidsynth how to manage any details of its
transactions with jack once you have set "jack" via

    fluid_settings_setstr(settings, "audio.driver", "jack");

I can't actually find the fluidsynth documentation any more. (I think
there was some, I have found
http://www.nongnu.org/fluid/api/settings_8h.html but I don't see any
mention of jack anywhere there).