[Denemo-devel] directives.

From: alex stone
Subject: [Denemo-devel] directives.
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 13:55:18 +0300

With a willingness to contribute to the denemo project i'm trying to
get my non coding head around Directives.

I have a question at this point.

Can a directive (read set of directives) take more than 1 user input
directive in the same set?

Use Case.

I'd like to build a script that enables me to input, if chosen,
channel, bank, patch, and type of CC message. (Volume=CC7,
Expression=CC11, etc)

When i move the cursor to a note, at which i would add these values
for types of data, i'll need to manipulate the value of each element,
in one pass, as follows;

Channel <n> (represented as a channel value between 1-16)

then i would move to

Bank LSB <n> (represented as a midi integer between 0-127)

then i would move to

Patch <n> (represented as a midi integer between 0-127)

then i would move to

Midi CCtype (represented as a midi integer between 0-127)

then i would move to

the midi CC type value (represented as a midi integer between 0-127)

Can the above be written as a single directive (i.e. popup box in
which i quickly tab between each element), or do i need to write each
one separately?

I've had a chat with Richard, who has pointed me in the right
direction (and he's more than busy enough with serious coding for our
benefit) , but i'm asking fellow users if any of you have something
like this already, that i can look at and use as a template.

This isn't going to happen overnight. :)

Alex.

--
www.openoctave.org

address@hidden