Re: [Denemo-devel] cairo branch

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] cairo branch
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 13:04:52 +0000

> the font is not installed by automake yet.
> i have put it into my ~/.fonts
>
> and ran fc-config ~/.fonts
> not sure if thats necessary though.
>
> font is in the fonts directory, and its called fetta.ttf
> its basically the feta26 font from lilypond converted to ttf
> and then shifted to printable letters.
I just copied to ~/.fonts and it is working - thanks!
The large size is by way of demonstrating the capabilities I presume.
There is quite a bit still to do - mousing.c will need to know what is
going on, and the staff properties tool icon is not getting drawn right,
but it is very impressive. Handling the scrolling will be quite a task,
too - it works on a chunks basis - ie no part staffs displayed. I
altered it to show part measures on the right hand side, and this could
be done vertically too. As it is, you often think there is only one
staff in the piece when there are more, off-screen.

 The next major step would be displaying multiple systems (ie what are
often called "lines" of music). Then you would be able to look over a
whole piece to get a sense of where you are in the movement. This would
be a great improvement. The line breaks need not try and outguess what
LilyPond will do...