Re: [Denemo-devel] Subdirectory space or dash

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Subdirectory space or dash
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:08:40 +0000

On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 15:19 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I noticed that when creating a subdirectory denemo now
hmm, I don't think anything has been changed recently
>  replaces spaces
> for dashes.
My guess is that I had the idea of avoiding spaces in the file hierarchy
because of my command line background. Those that have spaces were
probably generated by hand.
This is all rather unfinished - there is no checking for many things
that would cause trouble '/' and '\' for a start, but also most
punctuation will give problems on one Filesystem or another.
Perhaps we should make the convention for file/dir names
[a-zA-Z]+[a-zA-Z0-9 and underscore, space and dash]+
if you will pardon my poor regexing.

Richard