Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi input via Fluidsynth is broken

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi input via Fluidsynth is broken
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:05:35 +0000

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 09:51 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> I left out the control panel on purpose. I thought it was to be left
> out.

Well, it is very annoying for Nils who uses some wm that likes panes not
top level windows. For MIDI in the only bit we really need is the
enharmonic selector (there is a crude one in the Input menu below the
separator).
I would be happy for this bit of the control panel to be put in the main
window, toggleable (if that is a word!), but I would not like to lose it
altogether - it is what I use, though I dream of wiring a MIDI control
(e.g. the modulation wheel) to change the enharmonic range - but you
would still want a nice display showing the enharmonic set you are
using.