Re: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Build 0.8.13 and Menucleaning

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Build 0.8.13 and Menucleaning
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 09:43:36 +0000

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 08:11 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> About the font problem:
> Sooner or later the problem with installing fonts will be solved.
well, we have to do fetta.ttf as we do denemo.ttf of course. This is the
next thing to do.
>  But
> one more thing:
>
> I suggest that Windows-Denemo looks on every startup if the Font is
> there.
The curious thing is that the font is "there", even thought denemo.ttf
is in c:\Windows\Fonts
it still does not get found until logout/in when denemo is installed. I
can't recall if this is always or not.

> If not it attempts to install it (Watch out for sufficient
> user-rights).
yes you couldn't copy a file there unless you were running with admin
privileges anyway.

> This way we also take care of the fact that Windows users often install
> a new system. Denemo will run without installing again (it DOES not use
> the registry, right?).
Denemo does not, nor I think does the gub installer.

I have done more tests:
        as it stands if you set the prefs->externals->pdf viewer to
"start" (that is, denemo tries to spawn
        start  with parameter ~/.denemo/denemoprint.pdf (as it were)
then the viewing fails. The console-denemo reports "file not found or no
such command". So presumably we are not searching the path for "start",
which we should be (it is present).

*And* many menus are truncated, seemingly by the <after><\after> fields
failing. I will fix this.

Richard