Re: [Denemo-devel] d-PopPosition d-PushPosition, Selections

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] d-PopPosition d-PushPosition, Selections
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 16:47:32 +0000

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 22:42 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> 5b) It also seems to have no effect on the calculation of which
> measure
> is partly non-visible (speaking in terms of the old display). When you
> zoom out you can see too many measures "grey" even if they fit
> perfectly
> in the display-size. But at least the actual window-size seems to be
> used.

There are some rather tricky problems around this: there is no easy way
to be sure how many measures will fit on the screen - it depends on how
the measures fit on each system, going down the screen. It would be
possible to start re-calculating after drawing the screen but you could
easily get into a catch-22 situation - essentially straying into
LilyPond territory.
I think we are going to have to gain experience with the current code
and think about what we might like to change. So far, at least I haven't
got stuck with it.