Re: [Denemo-devel] 99 char limit on tar

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 99 char limit on tar
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 22:35:08 +0000

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 15:54 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2010, at 3:00 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > Jeremiah - you ran into problems with the path length in the menu
> > system
> > for the tar program. I wanted to check that all is well on the windows
> > build. Can you tell me whereabouts the longest paths are?
>
> I have corrected the issue. The is no longer any charcter limit. The
> only downside is that we are now using a newer tar format that may not
> be supported by non-gnu systems. So if they did not have a gnu system
> to open up the tar file they would first need to install gnu tar.

I realize that - my question is about which menupaths gave rise to the
problem - it could be that after gub has untarred the sources and done
the installation the result could be broken, but I don't know where to
look to check this out for sure. I have seen a "File not found" type of
error under the Educational menu on the windows installation.

Richard