Re: [Denemo-devel] Paste again

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Paste again
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 09:31:06 +0100

There is a structural problem with the d-Paste script. It invokes
d-GoToMeasureEnd which may not exist. To do this correctly you must
define the functionality you want in init.scm in the directory that
holds d-Paste.
This would be something like
(define Paste::GoToMeasureEnd ....)
And then invoke that function.

If you think users might find it useful to have a GoToMeasureEnd
command, then this would be a short script simply invoking
Paste::GoToMeasureEnd.

There would be other possible placements for the components (the most
general things go in denemo.scm; and then there is the story about
invoking things like Paste::GoToMeasure end from scripts not in the same
dir as Paste (ensuring that the init.scm has been run). But the bottom
line is that ***you must not invoke other user commands***, as the user
is entitled to delete them.

Richard