Re: [Denemo-devel] The Insert key and others

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The Insert key and others
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 12:15:46 +0100

On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 09:36 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:

> The Space bar could switch between music snippets, with the Enter key
> entering a snippet into the current measure.

Nils has pointed out how important de-selecting is for those using
selections (mainly composing I would guess). Control-Space bar is also
available, it would work quite well to navigate to the right snippet by
pressing Space Bar and then use Control-Space Bar to insert the snippet.
Then Enter could be for de-selecting. (The premise here is that mostly
people will build chords by holding down Alt and hitting the notes of
the chord in order, rather than moving the cursor to the note position
and then hitting Insert, so such a prominet key as Enter is not needed
for entering a note in a chord).