[Denemo-devel] Shortcuts and Shift

From: Nils
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Shortcuts and Shift
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:38:41 +0200

Hello,

The shift key is still a problem. It is very convenient that Shift+a means "A"
but its not for the rest of the numbers.
With a real shift+[key] Denemo could be much more language independent.

We can assume that the number row is present for a mast majority of keyboards,
but shift+number is very language dependent. So we cannot simply create a
logical system using shift+number (or any other non-letter shift combination)

Additionally it would be good to use Caps Lock as a "shift lock" in Denemo. I
think this needs more work, but I wanted to say it anyway. With this it would
be possible to use shift+3 and shift+4 and create the same effect using Caps
Locks and simply using the number keys.

Nils