[Denemo-devel] [bug #30450] Bugs

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #30450] Bugs
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:57:41 +0000

Follow-up Comment #10, bug #30450 (project denemo):

the launching of the pdf reader is done (on windows) by
 file association - that is the same mechanism as when you double click a pdf
file.
I noticed that the Help->Chat to other users
option no longer launched my browser (in windows), it works if I have
launched the browser already (or, even, if I go on and click Help->Browse
Manual, where it opens a tab in the browser launched).
Perhaps having acrord32.exe already running may work. Otherwise some pdf
displayer that is able to refresh itself off a file (in which case there would
be no need to launch a pdf viewer at all - the viewer would need to not hog
the file though, which windows apps generally do).
The message quoted *is* a failure to run the lilypond executable, not a
failure to launch the viewer. The viewer would fail with
      g_warning("Could not run the file association for a %s filen",
is_png?".png":".pdf");
I am not sure what (invalid argument) means in the Failed to execute child
process. It is a message returned by the
  g_spawn_async_with_pipes (locatedotdenemo (),         /* dir */
call in print.c
Would it help to print out what the arguments are to this call before it
happens?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?30450>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/