[Denemo-devel] Re: Contribution for a French translation

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Re: Contribution for a French translation
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 15:23:26 +0100

Thank you for your encouraging words.

At the moment, the C code needs editing to mark many of the translatable
strings, so any translation will only be partly effective resulting in a
strange mixture - en effet du franglais.
More serious, all the scripted commands have no framework for doing
translation; I am not sure what we will need to do to achieve that.

The manual is in quite a cahotic state - new features have not always
gotten documented, and old documentation can be difficult to move and
transform to fit. I would hate to see a lot of effort translating
something that so badly needs re-writing.

Re-writing the manual would, of course, take a great deal of effort.
Before tackling that it would, however, be possible and useful to add
sections describing things that are so far un-documented. The MIDI
player and MIDI recorder controls, for example.

Richard