Re: [Denemo-devel] insert chord symbols?

From: Ludo Beckers
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] insert chord symbols?
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:21:51 +0100

So that'd be four clicks per chord? chords->markings->chord symbols->edit chord symbols
Surely there must be a faster way (I hope!) because at about two chords per measure that'd be quite unpractical.

There's something strange there also; when I enter a chord like that, then save the file and do CTRL-p (I use Evince as PDF-reader) I get "unable to open document. text/plain is not supported".

Right click and choose delete doesn't make the "score: arranger" button go away.
When I open the Lilypond-view I still see it there too.

Another thing I found is that in the file menu there's no "start new score from template", even though I have version 8.22 installed.

Sorry to expand my originally simple question like this.
Ludo

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 17:06 +0100, Ludo Beckers wrote:
> The very last page of denemo-manual says: "To enter chord symbols
> choose Other->Insert/Enter chord symbols."
>
> I don't see this "Other"-menu anywhere.
Ancient bit of manual. Now Chords menu. Chord symbols are under Markings
(as they are a sort of Mark that is put above notes/chords).

> Without chords I'm lost, since it's mainly jazz lead sheets I work on.
>
> A less grave thing is that I put a "score: arranger" in the
> lead-sheet, but I can't find how to delete it.
You have a button saying Score: arranger I guess? If you left click it
you can set the arranger text to be empty, if you right click it you
should be get an advanced edit menu which has a Delete Directive button.
(It should really have a better editing interface like some of the
others, but no-one scripted it yet)