[Denemo-devel] [bug #32299] GetDots

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #32299] GetDots
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 10:42:28 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #32299 (project denemo):

denemo.scm has a whole section dedicated to that topic.
However there is no documentation (see mailinglist in the near future).
seach for "Duration Conversions between Denemo, Lilypond and Tick syntax."

You have three functions to return the number of dots as number.
(d-GetDots) ; for cursor position.
(duration::GetNumberOfDotsInLilypond "lilypondstring")
(duration::GetNumberOfDotsInDenemo "denemostring")

And there is a tick function, which is not complete because we don't have a
way to get ticks for tupletmembers.
But for the sake of completeness:
(duration::CalculateDotsFromTicks ticks base)

To apply a number of dots in Denemo use
(Repeat d-AddDot number)

There is however still no function to guess what is the best way of entering
real notes when you only have a tick value. I have not found a good logical
solution for this problem yet (the technical side is not hard).

This is the way how Augment/Diminish works: Get the base duration, multiply
it with 2 and get the dots to send it to (duration::ChangeNoteDurationInTicks
ticks dots).

(duration::ChangeNoteDurationInTicks (* (duration::GetBaseDurationInTicks) 2)
(d-GetDots))

ChangeNoteDurationInTicks has a table to map ticks to real note duration so
you better feed it only with real base duration.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32299>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/