[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Denemo-devel] Overwriting existing pdf/png files.

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Overwriting existing pdf/png files.
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 09:08:30 -0600

On Feb 3, 2011, at 5:44 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 17:19 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

On Jan 22, 2011, at 10:47 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden>

of .pdf etc could be made more uniform for the user, that is, the .pdf and .png could be launched from the same Export/Create Copy menu item
rather than separate entries for them.

Oh. I thought were going to create submenu items under file->export.
So it would look like

We have lost the Save A Copy command in the melee - this was present
before, and is a very handy thing if you want to create a copy of your
current score while continuing to work on the original. (It was there
briefly as Export/Save a Copy, as it is basically the export routine but

I commented it out in the menu. I will uncomment it. I was trying not to have duplicate ways to do it in the menu. I thought it would confuse users. Would it be better if it was called save as and saved .denemo? All other types are accessed through the export submenu. Since we have an export submenu, perhaps it would be better to have an import submenu also. What do you think?

saving to .denemo format). The workaround (save as, followed by close
and open the original) fails to keep your undo data.

Jeremiah - can you wire this back in (I guess it will need to be another
Save menu item, so perhaps these need all to be a submenu now - save,
save as, save template, save copy)?

oh - and what is save parts? an export to lilypond - is it working?

I have not tested save parts. I did not touch that part of the code. I tested export lilypond from the export menu. It work fine.

At the time I wrote export png lilypond required the use of the eps backend. This creates a mess of temporary files. Lilypond does not require this anymore. When creating the .png now only one other file is created. If I change the lilypond arguments it might not work for older versions of lilypond. I am not sure when they made this change. Perhaps a solution would be to not have the lilypond arguments hard coded in c.





So once the user has chosen .pdf,
say, they would get your current code running by testing the Async
field, while if they choose .ly they will get the internal generation
stuff running...


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]