Re: [Denemo-devel] dynamics (cresc etc) appear under Chords not Notes

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] dynamics (cresc etc) appear under Chords not Notes
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 09:25:41 +0100

On Tue, 2011-04-12 at 12:55 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 08:01:44AM +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > Another misplaced menu item, dynamics appear under Chords.
> > Logically, it is also the case that Chord Symbols and Figured Basses
> > should be under Notes, as they are things you attach to notes, not to
> > chords, but they are more likely to get found in the Chords menu.
>
> Does this apply to slurs and other articutaions? Should they go under Notes?
they are under notes, aren't they? That I guess is the question - should
we put all this stuff under both - in the case of built-ins it is very
cheap to do so, just denemoui.xml, gtk takes care of everything.
Whereas for scripted commands we have to put links in the menu system
and complications ensue.
Nils - can you comment?
I think I would go for consistency and no duplication, following Nils
suggestion.
People *are* having trouble finding commands already, and as the number
of commands increase it will get worse, especially as the profiles get
all new commands by default, which is the opposite of what I wanted. I
think we must prune Simple Profile before release - e.g. the Movements
menu has reappeared because of noteheads..., Movements are a classic
gotcha for beginners because you cannot easily see that you have
accidentally created a new movement - it just looks like suddenly all
you work has disappeared.

Richard