[Denemo-devel] PATHS and OSX (and Linux)

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] PATHS and OSX (and Linux)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:05:22 +0200

Hello list,

the Denemo paths in osx are wrong. I don't know the reason yet and I mailed
janneke about it, but maybe we are faster here.
while the lib dir is correctly set to ../lib without any modification from my
side (gub vanilla) share and etc are off. Denemo still searches in /usr/share
and /usr/etc (for example for GTK settings). Gub seems to ignore any configure
--prefix I gave it.

During my search why the paths in my osx build are wrong I saw that Denemo uses
/usr/etc. I checked my own linux install and its in /usr/etc here, too.
This seems to be wrong. Why aren't we using /etc like any other linux software?

Partly good news: I copied guile and denemos share dir as experiment to the osx
systemdirs and Denemo started. It was wrong, because It could not find gtk
setting and the fonts because I did not copy /etc, but it started.

So what now? I am build inexperienced but somehow it must be possible to get
those paths right, even if we override them and ignore gubs agenda.

Nils