[Denemo-devel] "group as tuplet" ?

From: Bric
Subject: [Denemo-devel] "group as tuplet" ?
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 23:08:39 -0400 (EDT)

Not sure if this feature already exists -- i haven't found it.
I'd like to be able to highlight three consecutive notes, and with this new
command convert the three highlighted notes into a triplet. I guess, upon
completion of the command, there would appear the starting and ending tuplet
markers on both ends of the sequence (each marker deletable as it is now)

maybe generalize it to n-tuplet (for n consecutive, highlighted notes)

My current version of denemo (0.9.1) has a glitch, which prompted me to need
this feature even more. I was trying to produce triplets within a bar that's
already been populated, deleting some notes at the beginning of the bar, and
trying to insert triplets in their place (using the "start triplet" and "end
triplet" commands).  This caused note jumbling such that notes crowd up into the
same space, instead of being consecutive, as I have typed them... The jumble
can't be corrected through deletion... everything gets deleted

But, I'm thinking that even when the glitch is fixed, it would still help to
have such a feature.