Re: [Denemo-devel] Recent changes to configure.in

From: Josue Abarca
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Recent changes to configure.in
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 11:50:12 -0600

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 03:33:50PM +0000, Ralf Mattes wrote:
> Hello list,

Hello Ralf,

> what's the reason for requireing libsmf version 1.3 in configure.in.
> After all, the included libsmf is at version 0.9.1

No, the libsmf[0] included in Denemo is libsmf 1.3, you can check the
diff file attached (libsmf1.2-denemo.diff).

The Denemo's version is 0.9.1, but the libsmf[0] included is 1.3.

> and seems to compile
> just fine ...
> I just checked with my pkg-configured libsmf (1.2) and that works as well.
> Please don't restrict unnecessarily (I'd have to custom build a whole pile
> of packages just to compile an unmodified denemo).
>
> TIA Ralf Mattes

You always can use the internal copy of libsmf included in
denemo. Just use "./configure --enable-smf no".

The denemo's developers added the "configure.in check" in order to
help me to keep up to date the package in Debian[1], because in Debian
I maintain the debian package of libsmf[2] and the Debian package of
denemo uses the shared library instead of the internal copy of libsmf
(both are libsmf version 1.3).

Cheers,

I am sorry for my English.

[0] http://sourceforge.net/projects/libsmf/