Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo Hooks

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo Hooks
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:37:01 +0100

On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 09:27 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> In fact, I intend for this implementation to be less mathematical and
> more pragmatic. I will limit the shifting of the tonal centre on the
> basis that the pieces I am interested in will likely modulate
> sharpwise
> if they are in extremely flat keys and vice versa. The framework will
> be
> there for others to use in other ways (the beauty of scheme) of
> course.
Well, it didn't seem natural to call guile - I think that will need to
be part of a more general user-action hook system. So I have implemented
the simplest (i.e. mathematical) system. So, selecting very sharp keys
will result in some MIDI keys generating double sharps/flats.
I will see how this works out when entering scores, before doing any
more.
Now in git.