[Denemo-devel] The Denemo font

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] The Denemo font
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 14:52:10 +0100

It seems to me that the Denemo font would be much more useful if it
included the regular glyphs used for text as well as additional music
ones. The we could make it the default font to use for widget labels etc
and be able to write labels that had music symbols in them without
having to use markup (as we do at present).
For example we would be able to write the beat change "dotted quarter =
quarter" using the musical symbol for a quarter note, along with the dot
and = characters. Much easier if they are all available in one font.
I think this could be a GSOC project for next year, unless someone would
like to attack fontforge straight away. I would be happy to modify the
Denemo code to suit a new font...