Re: [Denemo-devel] New Pre-Release Windows Installer uploaded

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] New Pre-Release Windows Installer uploaded
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:14:26 +0100

OK, some solid progress on the text entry bug (in the new windows builds
the text entry widget continually blanks out the text, you have to move
the cursor in the entry box to get it back).
Putting an old (0.8.23) denemo-console.exe into the new usr/bin and
executing it gives a good text entry widget - this shows that the bug is
in the library.
Putting the new (0.9.1) denemo-console.exe into the old usr/bin and
executing it gives an error that the entry point gtk_widget_has_focus
does not exist, the execution cannot continue.

So the (some of) gtk libraries are functionally different, and the
difference matters.
It looks like we could create a working windows installation by copying
the denemo executable and the actions, doc, fonts ... directories across
to an old one, but this would leave us with the problem of putting it
back into an installer.

Richard