Re: [Denemo-devel] bugs/rough edges(?): playback, crash recovery, tuplet

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] bugs/rough edges(?): playback, crash recovery, tuplet notation
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:43:16 +0100

On Mon, 2011-10-24 at 16:13 -0400, Bric wrote:

> > By the way - another point of frustration: The "make install" wiped out my
> > meticulously customized keyboard shortcuts just now... very hurtful (yes, i
> > know, I should have back it up...yada yada)
> >

> I was wrong.  The install of today's git did NOT wipe out my settings.  The
> new
> user settingsare in /home/user/.denemo-0.9.3, with the previous user config
> directory (/home/user/.denemo) untouched.
I think it should be possible to copy Default.shortcuts from the old to
the new .denemo-xxx/actions and retrieve your shortcuts. It may be bad
to copy Default.commands though, as commands will be missing then.

> Also, playback with InternalSynth to jack-audio now works for me.
>
> Playback with Jack option selected at the top level (in place of
> "InternalSynth") leads to a crash on open, and inability to open.
JACK may not be working in recent releases, but the version on the soc
branch has JACK in a very good state (with some playback features
missing though).

Richard