Re: [Denemo-devel] Articulations

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Articulations
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:39:09 +0000

On Sun, 2011-12-11 at 22:52 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On 12/10/2011 02:14 PM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > (define DENEMO_MARCATO "\n\nemmentaler\n26")
> so you decided against the G-scripts.tenuto style naming?

yes, at least to some extent. The G- bit was to signify that this was
one of the LilyPond glyphs, so I guess we could stay with that by using,
say, G-MARCATO. But the U- and D- are replaced by flipping the glyph at
draw time which seems to work ok (I am actually rotating the glyph which
may not be quite right for some glyphs).
The other part of it, taking the name wholesale from LilyPond's naming
seemed a good idea if we could import the list wholesale from the
LilyPond sources, but I can't track a source for that. They are
cumbersome to script with, so perhaps we can make our convention that we
take the last bit of the LilyPond name.
Thinking about it, underscores are not so scheme like, and the all upper
case is not so legible, so how about

scripts.umarcato (LilyPond) becomes LG-Marcato in Denemo
where the LG means LilyPond glyph and the scripts. and the u are
dropped?

Other suggestions welcome!