Re: [Denemo-devel] "sync-source"

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] "sync-source"
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 21:34:03 +0000

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 14:10 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 08:19:44PM +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > Jeremiah,
> >
> > if you can build master for gtk3 could you look for an error message on
> > startup about the "sync-source" signal?
> >
> > signal `sync-source' is invalid for instance `0x8ba75a8'
>
> I did not get this error.
>

> > I have put g_print statements around the attempt to connect to this
> > signal on the libevince widget.
> >
> > If you do not see it, can you attempt to trigger the signal by changing
> > the denemoprint.pdf file (its in a subdirectory of the /tmp dir)?
>
> I changed the denemoprint.pdf but I still did not get the error.
Yes, you will only see this error message on startup, and it is indeed
then only for GTK2 version of evince lib.

>  The print view did not show anything after trying to refresh (after
> denemoprint.pdf was changed). It did not show any music at all.
hmm, not sure what you are seeing here. If you click the Score button in
the print preview window it should typeset the whole score and display
it in the print preview window. The Refresh button in that same button
bar should repeat the last typeset command (score, movement part or even
ones from the print menu if they are set up to do this, e.g. print with
ambitus).

> > If you do manage to trigger the signal you will see a message from my
> > handler for the signal
> >
> > "Sync Signal Callback! Please report how you got this to fire\n"
>
> I have so far been unsuccessful at getting this to fire.
>

> > the documentation is non-existent but I guess it may fire if the file
> > that backs the print view window is changed - or perhaps doing other
> > things in the print view window.
>
> I will try some more.
>
> > With the libevince that I have the signal is not there (I looked in the
> > source code) so it must have been introduced more recently.
>
> Did you revert the change that made print view be the window for print
> preview?
no
>  When I select print preview the pdf viewer is launched.
The button on the toolbar that has the print preview icon should display
the print preview window and run the typesetting the score command. At
the moment it is just showing the window, you have to click refresh
yourself - I will fix this. The same is true for the menu item
File->Print->Print Preview
Note that this menu item (if you right click it) is the command
PrintView, and not the old command PrintPreview, which still exists and
still does what it used to do, namely launch the external viewer. This
is to avoid breaking existing scripts.
If you are getting the external viewer launched for this then you likely
have your own version of the commands/shortcuts/denemoui.xml files
(Or I do :)
To check, look at the name of the command (right click, or hover for
tooltip).

Richard