Re: [Denemo-devel] denemo.org somewhat disabled

From: Glen Peterson
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] denemo.org somewhat disabled
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 08:53:01 -0500

For the mailing list, why not use Google Groups?  I've used that for
several other collaborations.  It's free and easy to use and keeps
history.  Also it does a nice job preventing spam and "out-of-office"
replies and is really easy to use.  I think it also digitally signs
(DKIM) messages to aid delivery (so mails are not marked as spam).  It
has good sign-up/leave tools as well and various permissions for how
public messages are and for hiding email addresses from the public:

http://groups.google.com/

I don't know the history of this project, but I don't see Sourceforge
in your list of options for hosting.  For any open source project,
they host free source control, a wiki, a bug tracking system, forums,
and a download section.  I've used it to collaborate on other projects
and it worked great.

http://sourceforge.net/create/

I'll gladly set up either one if people are interested.

--
Glen K. Peterson
(828) 393-0081