Re: [Denemo-devel] 0.9.4rc1 tarball for testing

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 0.9.4rc1 tarball for testing
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 09:18:11 +0000

On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 19:30 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On 03/05/2012 12:04 PM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I downloaded and untarred this and ran ./configure, which failed with
> >
> > config.status: error: cannot find input file: `libsmf/Makefile.in'
> >
> > In fact, there does not seem to be a libsmf directory at all!
>
> Ok. I fixed this issue. It is fixed now with the rc2 tarball. I
> downloaded it compiled and installed. I noticed a bug. It only plays
> back once. It is easy to reproduce. enter a dew notes, hit f5, then hit
> f5 again. It only plays the first time. Denemo does not crash during this.
I have built this version. On the second f5 a threading bug shows up -
the display is not updating, but keypresses are still received, so (if
the file is saved) you can for example quit using Ctrl-Q. If you are not
saved the dialog pops up to save your changes, but it is not drawn (only
the window managers bit - title bar etc - is drawn).
This is something I have seen before, so it is going to be something
very hard to track down as it comes and goes, mostly goes, without any
obvious pattern.
Does anyone recognize the symptom (events are still received,
keypresses, mouseclicks... but no drawing updates are done by gtk)?

Richard