Re: [Denemo-devel] tablature status (August 2012)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] tablature status (August 2012)
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 15:43:23 +0100

On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 10:34 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Il 08/08/2012 09:51, Richard Shann ha scritto:
> > Well, with the versions up until 0.9.4 you would have gotten the
> last
> > bit of the file, the \score {} blocks in bold, and also any Denemo
> > directives like rehearsal marks, repeats, trills etc. These are
> editable
> > with the edits affecting the score (so there is a synchronization
> > between the LilyPond view and the Denemo display, quite hairy
> really,
> > though I have never managed to catch it out).
> > With the new score layout stuff only the stuff inside the music is
> > editable there, the non-music stuff is editable in the score layout
> > window.
>
> I would prefer to change the \score block in the LilyPond view (it's
> easier).
Well it is the same as doing convert to LilyPond and then editing it in
the score layout view.
(Apart from a bug on my system where the editor is not showing the text
cursor - if you can see the text cursor in the score layout view
LilyPond I would be interested to know that)
> Anyway, I can change the \score block in the score layout window,
> click
> on typeset and see the changes applied correctly. But when I close
> the
> window my changes are not saved: if I click on View>LilyPond I see
> the
> old \score block.
>
> I'm missing something?

Either:
         the score allowed you to quit with the changes not saved, that is you
can change a score layout and the score fails to become unsaved (I think
I fixed all cases of this, please report if not)
Or:
         it is opening with the default layout as the selected layout, not the
one you customized. I think my intention was that the last selected
layout should be selected when re-opening a score (so that hitting print
without looking at the score layout view will print the last selected
layout). If not, you have to select this layout - note that when you
re-open a score the custom layout becomes pure LilyPond, the GUI is not
saved.