Re: [Denemo-devel] UNUSED__APPLE and some notes on the windows installer

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] UNUSED__APPLE and some notes on the windows installer.
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 18:57:10 -0600

I need to investigate the binreloc thing. In configure.ac we refernce binreloc with a macro. This, is I think intended for glib binreloc and not the binreloc we have implemened with bireloc.[c,h] and utils.c. utils checks if WIN32, BINRELOC, or UNUSED_APPLE.

The linux binary I have installed also crashes when updating preferences audio tab once apply is selected. The version I have has portmidi and alsa support built into it.

I created a branch called apple that has a few experimental things that could be merged into master now. I have removed the --with-x11 and placed this code inside ifndef UNUSED_APPLE. I also added support for static linking/compilation of portmidi for linux and mac. --with-pmidi-platform = (darwin, mingw, linux).

Jeremiah

Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
Jeremiah,

IIRC the origin of that define
UNUSED__APPLE

is that it is code developed for compiling for the apple mac which was
then discarded by changing it from _APPLE to UNUSED__APPLE, meaning it
is code for apple but no longer in use.

Just thought I would mention this, as you may be thinking the code
included under that was ever intended for anything other than apple

I have just been looking at the latest windows installer - it reports
itself as version 0.9.6 but it has later stuff. It prints ok, and plays
back ok, but strangely there is no Export PDF menu item (even though it
is present in the denemoui.xml file). Another problem is that I cannot
point-and-click from the print preview window.

Richard

Denemo-devel mailing list
address@hidden