Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 17:03:28 +0000

On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 09:42 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

>         I have tested it, but
>         cannot get it to fire off from denemo - it is not at all
>         obvious where
>         glib will look for the helper program with a static build, it
>         doesn't
>         seem to find it in the path, and we don't have a .dll, though
>         if we did
>         it would be where I have put gspawn_win32_helper.exe, ie where
>         denemo.exe is and fluidsynth.dll, in the bin directory.

This is fixed now - it turns out there are two helper functions the
other one is called gspawn_win32_helper-console.exe and that is also
built by mxe and once I installed that all was well.
Now LilyPond is crashing, but that will be because it is being found in
an old Denemo installation without its data path being set up before it
is called. Either we need to combine the two builds or build LilyPond on
mxe (yikes!) or leave it to the user to do a standard LilyPond install
from the LilyPond website.