Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The missing regex in mxe build
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:09:15 -0600

I have not done much with the gub building. I have three gub branches for building mingw. Master has been building all the packages so far. Branch  origin/release-mingw-0.9.6 was used to create denemo-0.9.6. This branch uses evince 2.32 and a higher version of gtk, glib, and many others. I reverted all these changes in master a long time ago because I wanted to created a branch that could build all three platforms. I could see if we have better luck with the origin/release-mingw-0.9.6 branch. I am currently compiling master but wondering if origin/release-mingw-0.9.6 would be a way to go. I created a mingw branch but I tried to merge origin/release-mingw-0.9.6 with master. I don't think I did a very good job so I will probably just recreate the branch based of of origin/release-mingw-0.9.6 if it builds okay.

Jeremiah
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 2013-02-21 at 09:29 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 3:49 AM, Richard Shann
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>         On Wed, 2013-02-20 at 23:55 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
>         >
>         >
>         > I have compiled evince using your ev-module file. I am
>         attaching the
>         > files. I hope it helps.
>

>         This builds ok for me. I guess you found the same problems
>         trying to
>         link denemo against it though?
>
> Yes. I just removed the directory shell from SUBDIR in Makefile.in
> That allowed compilation to finish.
>

>         I have emailed the libtool mailing list as a last resort, but
>         I am
>         disheartened by this experience.
>
> So am I.
>

>         I have started looking at the other route - building
>         everything shared
>         using mxe's makefile system.
>         What I did was create a new toplevel mxe directory and put in
>         a symbolic
>         link to the standard mxe/pkg directory. This way I don't have
>         download all the packages again. Then I sed'd the
>         --disable-shared to
>         become --enable-shared in all the src/*.mk files and ran make
>         denemo.
>         It stopped at building libsndfile, which was

I disabled-shared on this component and the build went on. I had to do
this several more times, and eventually I got to things that wouldn't
build even with that.

So I took the opposite approach, starting with the all disabled build
and enabling the shared libraries that the evince link indicated it
needed to build libpdfdocument.dll
But this also failed - many .dll's were not generated and evince still
did not generate libpdfdocument.dll

The only success in generating libpdfdocument.dll was your gub builds
(e.g. 1.0.0~rc3, and I guess all the others).

However, if I bring this .dll in and place it at the location that
evince is trying to find it at run time I get the same error message as
if it wasn't there:

(denemo.exe:2248): EvinceDocument-WARNING **: `D:\lib\evince\3\backends\libpdfdocument.dll': The specified module could not be found.
(denemo.exe:2248): EvinceDocument-WARNING **: Cannot load backend 'pdfdocument' since file 'D:\lib\evince\3\backends\libpdfdocument.dll' cannot be read.

I have asked on the evince mailing list if anyone has any ideas, but
otherwise I think I am waving a white flag.

What was the last known status of the gub build? I can't really remember
what prompted the mxe approach - lack of portmidi? Has anything changed
with your last two commits into Denemo's git????

Richard