Re: [Denemo-devel] Success building Denemo from git master for windows

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Success building Denemo from git master for windows
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 19:11:20 -0600

Awesome! That worked. It no longer hangs when exiting. The version I tested had --disable-portmidi. I am going to remove the exit -1 from portmidi and recompile with --enable-portmidi and test again.

Jeremiah

On Mar 6, 2013 10:35 AM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 13:40 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:

> > So I should delete everything from this function but the exit(-1)?
> Well, IMHO a library call should *never* exit, it should always return
> an error to the user who can decide what to do.
> I have (I believe) tested this though without (seemingly) success, so
> will check in to git an attempt to fix this by the opposite route, of
> just exiting the main thread.
I've tested this code (using git master in gub) and it works on the xp
box which was previously hanging on exit. Can you confirm that git
master is working on wine? I have put a message at the end about not
shutting down the audio threads, so as to be sure that the right version
is being run, this is visible when running denemo-console.exe (from a
terminal at any rate).