Re: [Denemo-devel] The LilyPond version shipped with binaries.

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The LilyPond version shipped with binaries.
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:49:54 -0500

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 4:48 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 2013-04-03 at 15:11 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> It is in the lilpondcairo.py. I fixed this. Do you want me to create
> new binaries?
Yes please! There are quite a few good new features there now - I
haven't got round to noting them all on the Development page.

Ok. Building now.

>  Also, when we use git as source it has version 0.0.0-0 should we use
> tarballs with versions set to 1.0.1.year.month.day so that we have
> version 1.0.1.2013.04.03. This way we dont get confused by users
> running 0.0.0-0 from two years ago or something. I could do this by
> creating tarballs or hacking gub.
At the moment I think we can live with it.

> I have also added support for .xz files
what are they?

It is a compression format like tar.gz and .bz2. It is better than both of these and it is seems that many servers and phasing out the .gz and .bz2 files.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xz

>  and gtk3 (and friends) in gub.
Sounds good - will gtk-3 work on windows I wonder - well, we can
investigate that later...

I have it in a branch ATM. I did it because eventually we will want to upgrade and I thought it may inspire others to get involved using and contributing to my gub branch.

I notice google is favoring youtube videos - the ones I have posted are
well down the listings - could you cross post the videos on your youtube
account? (I tried to create a youtube account, but first it wanted me to
create a gmail account, which I did, and then it said it didn't support
my browser,

That's because google owns youtube. Do you use anything like google drive? This way maybe we can share video content this way. We can embed the videos on denemo.org but we don't really have the space to store many videos there. Certainly not if they are uncompressed.

would I like to switch to google chrome, at which point I
gave up. It would probably be a bad idea if I wasn't going to monitor it
anyway, but I guess you do monitor your own account, so if you don't
mind hosting them please do. We could do with demos like yours that
don't involve a MIDI controller too.)

Will do. I will repost the ones you created also.