Re: [Denemo-devel] Noteworthy file format

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Noteworthy file format
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 08:17:35 +0100

On Sun, 2013-04-21 at 23:36 +0200, Éloi Rivard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that Noteworthy file format is mentioned in in the "We
The "we" in this case was Nils who did a lot of work on importing
LilyPond into Denemo. We import musicXML by first converting to LilyPond
using musicxml2ly.

>  want this, but we don't know when" section of the website.
>
> I found this by accident : http://code.google.com/p/nwc2xml/ ( I made
> a Makefile so it compiles with linux :
> http://code.google.com/r/azmeuk-nwc2xml/ ) It converts nwc files to
> musicxml and supports a lot of Noteworthy composer versions. It is
> written in C++, using wxWidgets library, but it can be useful to
> denemo.

We haven't been able to keep the Denemo LilyPond import up with
improvements in musicxml2ly output so the import of musicxml will not
work without a lot of editing the LilyPond down to something Denemo can
swallow. There is a full-time job there for someone to do LilyPond
import into Denemo :)