Re: [Denemo-devel] Chord symbols / dead lilypond processes

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Chord symbols / dead lilypond processes
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 09:03:22 +0100

On Sun, 2013-05-05 at 08:51 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 04.05.2013 21:05, schrieb Richard Shann:
> > On Sat, 2013-05-04 at 20:34 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> >> It seems that when I use the chord staff, denemo (current git version)
> >> accumulates dead lilypond processes. Here is the output from "ps afx" on
> >> my Debian Linux system after I added some notes and chords in the
> >> IndependentChordSymbols example:
> >
> > Is this happening if you take an empty score and just enter some notes?
> > Is LilyPond succeeding in typesetting what you have entered?
>
> According to my test, this is also happening if I take an empty score
> and enter some notes (I didn't notice that before). The print preview
> shows the correctly typeset score, which means that lilypond must succeed.

Ah - I see this too. The defunct lilypond processes all exit when you
exit denemo. Can some Unix expert comment on what could be going wrong?
We are getting the process-finished callback (which is what triggers the
display of the pdf that lilypond has generated) we are using
g_child_watch_add() for that.