Re: [Denemo-devel] grace note at beginning

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] grace note at beginning
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 22:10:30 +0100

On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 22:19 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 25.06.2013 21:17, schrieb Richard Shann:
> > This is a notorious LilyPond bug. An (old, old) example of the fix is in
> > the examples directory. Briefly you have to insert a non-printing grace
> > note in the other staff, so that both parts have a grace note at the
> > same time.
>
> When I open the example file GraceLilyPondBugWorkaround.denemo, the
> "invisible" grace note and all following notes are displayed in grey and
> have a cross as note head (in the print preview).

You are right - Denemo is treating non-printing notes differently now.
The example needs to have the non-printing grace note replaced with a
non-printing grace rest (!).
What you do is to apply the command StagedDelete (Edit->Delete in
Stages) to the grace note. This will delete the note leaving a rest (the
rest still has the "grace" attribute attached to it).
If you are creating one of these starting from scratch you would insert
a non-printing rest (Notes/Rests -> Rest Insertion -> Insert Spacer ..)
and then turn it into a grace with Grace Note Off/On command.
Look at the status line (at the bottom of the window) to check you have
the right thing (it should read "Rest, grace note").

HTH