Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 1.0.6

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 1.0.6
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 09:22:13 -0500

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 3:58 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
If you have had time to get your breath back I notice that there is
already a long list of new stuff in Denemo, so I suggest we start the
release process for version 1.0.6

  *Import MusicXML
              * Direct import of music XML.

I tried to load a few MusicXML files into Denemo but they failed to load. From two different places online the files had an .mxl extension. After I renamed them the file chooser was able to see them. So we need to add .mxl to file filters in the chooser dialog. The two files did not seem to import correctly. I got a pop-up window telling me that denemo failed to import it.

Jeremiah

      * Improved Rhythm Entry
              * Dotted rhythms in two keypresses
              * Triplets in three keypresses
              * Slurred versions of these too.
      * Combined Key Signatures
      * Search and Edit
              * Seek a selected type of item
              * Edit or continue seeking
              * Applies to ornaments, Rehearsal Marks, bar lines ...
      * Grace Note Hints
              * works around the long-standing LilyPond "feature"

Any suggestions for other things that could be included are welcome.