[Denemo-devel] Audio Stretching

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Audio Stretching
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 16:28:54 +0100

I have enable audio stretching in Denemo. It means that the audio output
can be slowed down without changing pitch. The purpose is to support
transcribing music from audio.
At the moment, the audio loading is in a primitive state (requires
IIRC .ogg file, 44100 sample rate, stereo). What is needed now is a
display of the captured audio, so that a visual clue to the
synchronization can be obtained.
I have used this to transcribe some singing from Madagascar - it gives
me new respect for these non-notation-reading musicians.

To build with audio stretching support the configure step needs
--enable-rubberband
(and you need the package librubberband-dev installed).
*However* for some reason the -I/usr/include/rubberband is not included,
so I have built it by adjusting the src/Makefile
It should be possible to set an environment var to work around this, but
my attempts to do that failed.

If someone can help with this, it would be much appreciated.