Re: [Denemo-devel] onset translation

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] onset translation
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 09:32:04 +0100

On Wed, 2013-09-04 at 23:14 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Can anyone explain me better the meaning of this string?

This comment is for the situation where you have an audio recording
which you are trying to transcribe. The audio is played simultaneously
with the notated score. To synchronize the two the beginnings of notes
are detected ("note onsets") and you can drag them to points in the bar
where they should be. (Well you can drag one at the moment, they all
move together when left-dragging, i.e. you are synchronizing the start
of audio and notation).
If you drag the first one to a time before the start of the notated
score you get the situation commented on, a red marker representing note
onsets before the start of the score. This is ok if there is something
detected as a note onset that occurs before the music starts and you
want to skip it. For example, an audience cough.

https://vimeo.com/73118032

shows the dragging - the sound quality of the demo is terrible though,
and I am stuck for the moment trying to make a decent demo.

The line feeds are for making the message nicely formatted when it pops
up. I think the pop-up widget must be badly handled otherwise it would
do something better by itself.

HTH

Richard