Re: [Denemo-devel] latest git compile error

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] latest git compile error
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 09:09:52 +0100

On Tue, 2013-09-10 at 17:29 -0400, Bric wrote:

> > On September 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden>
> > wrote:
> >

> > OK, I have pushed a fix which I hope may build for gtk2
> > I can't easily test however. Please report. If it builds try
> > Input->Mouse->Mouse Insertion command to see if it does anything useful.
>

> OK, I did "git pull", got your latest fix (I presume), and that seems to make
> it
> compile to the end.
>
> But then I get a seg fault, with the following (i didn't do make install, just
> "cd ./src ; ./denemo"):

I would expect that to work, especially if you have an installed denemo
as well, but it is neater to configure with
./configure --prefix=/home/bruno/local
and the do
make && make install

and then run by cd ~/local/bin && ./denemo

if you have a fast machine.

> $ ./denemo
>
> xmlsource == /home/bruno/.denemo-1.0.9/denemorc
> audio driver is 'portaudio' 0
> Initializing Fluidsynth
>
> ** (denemo:28332): WARNING **: The default fluidsynth soundfont has been
> loaded
> Initializing PortAudio backend
> opening output device 'ALSA: default'
> MIDI driver is 'portmidi'
> initializing PortMidi backend
> opening input device 'ALSA: Midi Through Port-0'
> opening output device 'ALSA: Midi Through Port-0'
>
> (denemo:28332): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file: assertion
> `filename != NULL' failed
> Segmentation fault

I did get to check that the GTK2 fix works reasonably well, I am sure it
is not the cause of this segfault. Nor I suspect is it the gdk_pixbuf
error, which I recall seeing (on windows I think), perhaps the Denemo
icon not being found for the window manager to use.
If you are able to run using gdb then please do so
(Briefly after installing gdb you do

gdb ./denemo

and then
>run