[Denemo-devel] more miscellania

From: Bric
Subject: [Denemo-devel] more miscellania
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 04:58:30 -0400

(1) note insertion at cursor: sometimes I can't insert between notes. I arrow right or left, and the cursor lands on one note or another; and then when I type my "a", "b", "c", denemo ALTERS the existing note, (the one I'm cursored on), instead of inserting a new one, and I can't seem to find a way to insert in between!!

(2) undo: sometimes "undo" simply fails (and throws me into a big panic). I can, for example, accidentally change a duration, or insert an unwanted note or directive, then try to "undo", and denemo PARTIALLY undoes a few steps, and then ignores my big nasty problem, by-passing it in its undo steps(!)

(3) scrolling: scrolling is frantic sometimes and imposing. Maybe that's, again, linux-specific. The animation effects might work flawlessly in windows, on certain systems, but for my gtk2 and old Ubuntu it's a pain in the ***; i think they're definitely slowing things down for me BIG TIME. And when I arrow forward, wishing to progress just a couple of bars, denemo scrolls forward too much, and then sometimes it does it on its own; then I've got to scroll back, and that's very sluggish... yada-yada. Can I at least turn off cursor zoom animation? I haven't understood how.

(4) tool tips. I've learned how to "cope" with them... but why should I have to (?) they seriously get in the way; where can I turn them off? I see "Turn on all tooltips" in "Preferences", command behavior, and I have that UNchecked, but they still won't go away!