Re: [Denemo-devel] Git tags

From: Éloi Rivard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Git tags
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 17:40:23 +0100

Yes. It seems that almost every branch has some patches :
https://github.com/denemo/denemo/branches
See the "ahead" numbers.

2013/10/30 Jeremiah Benham <address@hidden>

On Oct 30, 2013 10:51 AM, "Éloi Rivard" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
> http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Basics-Tagging
> This explains when to use branches and when to use tags. Maybe we should use tags for release
> What do you think ?

I see that it allows us to search tags. that's pretty cool. Should we switch to using tags then? If so should we do it from now on or retroactively go back and tag where the branch was created. If we do that there may have been patches applied to the branch after it has been created to fix a few things (then later applied the same patch to master).

Jeremiah