Re: [Denemo-devel] Third question - importing MIDI file crashes with flu

From: Philip Rhoades
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Third question - importing MIDI file crashes with fluidsynth errors
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:06:56 +1100

Richard,

On 2013-12-20 09:03, Richard Shann wrote:
On Fri, 2013-12-20 at 08:50 +1100, Philip Rhoades wrote:
People,

When trying to import this:

   http://sglyrics.myrmid.com/boxer2.mid

I get a crackling sound on the speakers and continuous errors like this:

   fluidsynth: warning: Ringbuffer full, try increasing polyphony!

before having to close the file selection window which crashes Denemo.

Is that particular file a problem or is there something more general?

Probably the particular file. The latest stuff has a guided MIDI import
which will probably let you attack such files: only very simple MIDI
files stand a chance of getting usefully imported at present I think.

Right.

I am not sure if there is a binary of the latest stuff though - which
system are you using?

denemo-1.0.0-0.fc19.x86_64 (Fedora - RPMs)

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades