Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo is too hard to install

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo is too hard to install
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 09:36:15 -0600

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 03:47:21PM +0100, Martin Larsson wrote:

> > http://denemo.org/downloads/denemo-1.1.0-0.darwin-x86.tar.bz2
> >

> Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, when firing up the included Denemo.app,
> it just bounces a couple of times in my dock and then closes itself.

What kind of mac do you have? It is not ppc is it? We are only supporting the
intel based macs. The above link uses gtk3. Here is another build that uses
gtk2:

http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/uploads/denemo-1.1.0-0.darwin-x86.tar.bz2

If it the icon just bounces try it again in a few minutes. I am not sure why
this happens. I believe it has something to do with the audio. I noticed this
happens sometimes if I dont have a soundcard or if midi controller pluged in.
With only a soundcard it happens less. When i have both soundcard and midi
controller it seems to have worked every time tested. I may be wrong about this
though. If after a few tries and it does not work execute this at the command
line:

cd Denemo.app/Contents/MacOS
./denemo.sh

You will have to navigate to where the Denemo.app is located. So if it is on
the desktop:
cd ~/Desktop/Denemo.app/Contents/MacOS

Then can you please paste any errors into an email.

Jeremiah