Re: [Denemo-devel] scheme-identifiers.c

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] scheme-identifiers.c
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 20:22:12 +0000

On Wed, 2014-01-22 at 19:15 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-01-21 at 16:36 +0100, Éloi Rivard wrote:
> > Does it mean those strings are still used ?
>
> I don't know if they are being used - looking again just now I am not
> sure how they work: they are the tooltips for commands that are built in
> but not in menu.c. I presume they *are* appearing as translated?

ok, I think I understand. These commands are generally not (never?)
appearing in the menu system, or associated with widgets, they are used
in scripting other commands.
It would seem to be a good thing if they could be looked-up and searched
for like the ones that do appear in the menu system, and at this point
the lack of translation of the tooltip would become apparent. But until
that is available (and even then it would only help writers of scripts),
it would be a bad idea to burden the translators with them.