[Denemo-devel] Choosing Dynamics Quickly

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Choosing Dynamics Quickly
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 08:46:09 +0000

I'm not sure if this is documented anywhere...

It can be slow to choose dynamics (Ctrl-D) because the list is quite
long to move down (or move to the mouse).
You can define a list of the dynamics you actually want to be readily
available as for example:

(define DenemoDynamicList '(("f" "127" "Forte") ("p" "127" "Piano")))

This makes forte available just by pressing Return and piano available
by pressing down arrow Return. (The others via More of course).

If you place this in ~/.denemo-1.1.2/actions/denemo.scm then it will be
defined when you start Denemo. I use this for my transcriptions of early
18th c music which only ever have those two dynamic indications (if any!
)
I'll add this to the manual.