Re: [Denemo-devel] external file insertion

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] external file insertion
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 15:44:57 +0100

On Wed, 2014-06-04 at 10:21 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 04.06.2014 10:00, schrieb Richard Shann:
> > The last new command I added allows the user to insert an external file
> > into the typeset music (for example, the user can create a set of verses
> > arranged in columns using some document production program, export the
> > result as encapsulated postscript and then place this at the end of the
> > Denemo score where only the first verse underlays the music).
>
> For the purpose of arranging verses in columns, wouldn't it be better to
> use lilypond's typesetting capabilities? I am using Movements > Lilypond
> after movement (actually I created that script for that purpose) and the
> lilypond template from
> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/stanzas#printing-stanzas-at-the-end-in-multiple-columns
> . If something more user-friendly (for people who do not know lilypond)
> is needed, a simple editor for text in columns that creates the lilypond
> code would do the job.

The last check-in has a template for three-column text at the end (or,
indeed between movements or beginning). It calls up inkscape (or
whatever program the user chooses) to edit the template, pasting in the
words desired, changing fonts, sizes (colors even!).

I have used similar code to allow the user to create new ornaments, and
to re-define existing ornaments. So with inkscape the user can design a
new trill sign which LilyPond will then use to typeset all the trills in
an already entered score. So the appearance of already-created scores
can be altered (for example to resemble more closely old typesetting
styles or create modern signs).

This is in git now, I think it will be the star feature of 1.1.8